After a long day at work, make your kids happy and full with this easy homemade hamburger pasta meal known as Instant Pot Cowboy Casserole. With the right ingredients, you’re sure to have an enjoyable evening while cooking for them!
Crowd Pleasing Instant Pot Cowboy Casserole
- Instant Pot or Quality Pressure Cooker
- 4 lbs 4 lbs. ground beef - browned turkey is also a good substitute
- 1 10 oz can tomatoes with diced peppers
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmigiana cheese
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 1 2.25 oz can sliced black olives optional
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can tomato paste
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting and wait for it to reach HOT. Add in a pound of ground beef, break up with spatula until browned. In this time frame you can also add onions or any other desired vegetables before adding salt and pepper at 1 tsp each on top of that 5 minutes worth of cooking if necessary as fat will have accumulated from meat while frying pan is hot enough where excess grease should be drained off when done!
- Pour in the beef broth and stir as you scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of your pot.
- Layer the diced tomatoes over top of pasta, then add dollops of tomato paste and olives.
- Add in olives, if desired. Sprinkle the ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp salt, garlic powder (or add minced flakes), Italian seasoning and sugar over the top of your dish. Do not mix or stir!
- Press the manual button on your Instant Pot. Make sure that it's set to sealing, and then press 4 minutes for time cook mode. When the timer is up, let it sit undisturbed for 5-10 more minutes before releasing pressure through venting. Lift off the lid when ready!
- Stir the pasta until it is coated in a succulent, rich meat and sauce. Sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese and parmesan for extra flavor then let them melt into noodles before serving this dish to your family or friends! Salt & pepper to taste after cooking